Associate Members of IHLMA are people or organisations who are not engaged in the manufacture of hearing loop technology but have an interest in furthering the take up and proper use of the technology. These may be hearing instrument manufacturers, caring organisations, architects, installation companies, engineering consultants, venue management, etc. Associate Members will not show preference or favouritism towards any one manufacturer. Associate Members are not able to vote at IHLMA meetings – only IHLMA Members.
Hearing Loop technologies are a preferred solution for providing hearing access in many public and private environments, with the ability to make a substantial positive impact on the experience of end users.
Associate Members of IHLMA will agree to conduct themselves in accordance with these Principles and recognise their responsibility to do whatever is reasonably possible to ensure Hearing Loop systems will:
• provide a genuine benefit to end-users
• be compliant with relevant performance standards
• be compliant with relevant accessibility legislation
• have clear and visible signage
• be installed and commissioned by suitably competent personnel
• be properly managed and maintained by suitably competent personnel